2:06.0 average split
25 s/m
| Time | Meter | Split | s/m |
|---|---|---|---|
| 4:12.4 | 1000 | 2:06.2 | 26 |
| 4:12.4 | 2000 | 2:06.2 | 25 |
| 4:11.7 | 3000 | 2:05.8 | 26 |
| 4:13.0 | 4000 | 2:06.5 | 26 |
| 4:11.2 | 5000 | 2:05.6 | 26 |
Still on the mark for dropping 2 seconds every week. Next week, I only need to drop 1.2 seconds and I'll still be on pace for 6 seconds down in 3 weeks.
My goal split was a 2:08. What that means is that I go out comfortably, but when I feel that I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll lighten up until I'm at the goal split. The 4000m split was me not feeling so great and lightening up to 2:08 more often know that the last 1500-1000 would have to be my fastest. I understand that my time probably would have been better if it'd just stayed at the 2:05.8 split for the rest of the piece, but it's a mind game.
My goal split was a 2:08. What that means is that I go out comfortably, but when I feel that I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll lighten up until I'm at the goal split. The 4000m split was me not feeling so great and lightening up to 2:08 more often know that the last 1500-1000 would have to be my fastest. I understand that my time probably would have been better if it'd just stayed at the 2:05.8 split for the rest of the piece, but it's a mind game.
1 comment:
wow so close to breaking 21...I usually go out at around 2:02 for the first 2k and then just keep my splits under 2:06...I also always know that my last 1K is usually my best split...did this yesterday and pulled a 20:40.1 with a 26 SPM rate
Post a Comment