Saturday, July 16, 2011

7000m easy

33:30.5
2:23.6 ave /500m
20 s/m
Time     Meter    Split      s/m
9:21.6 2000 2:20.4 22
9:31.3 4000 2:22.8 21
9:42.0 6000 2:25.5 20
4:55.6 7000 2:27.8 19

Again, I aimed for a stroke rate of 22 s/m, but every 1000 meters I took 10-20 strokes at 16 or below.  The first four thousands I took 10 strokes at 16- and the last three thousands 20 strokes at 16-.

The biggest issue with my stroke is that my catch is full of movement.  Subsequently, my catch is weak and so is my drive.  Additionally, my reach sucks.  I mean, my reach is poor even when I'm moving at the catch to try and expand it.  It's really awful when I lock my body where it's supposed to be.  That being said, the shorter reach is actually a better stroke for me and my split drops.  All in all, I should put more emphasis on stretching before and after workouts in order to increase my flexibility for a better reach before my legs start to come up on the recovery.  After that, no upper body movement!

No comments: