Friday, July 8, 2011

Return

After four years of doing no real training, I have a goal. Break 7:00 minutes in the 2k again within the next 2-3 months.

I've gone from a junior in college to a husband and father. We'll see if I can meet this goal. My wife and I just purchased a new Concept2 Model D. I'll be following The Pete Plan because The Wolverine Plan is a little too intense for me at this point. Ha! There were days that I couldn't imagine a training plan that was too intense.

First 2k in a long time. First real exercise in months. I had to get a base time.

8:06.4
2:01.6 average
25 s/m average

Obviously, the time needs to come down. Non-obviously, I hope to bring that stroke rate up to a 32. Maybe this will call for a little speed work in addition to The Pete Plan in order to bring up that rate...

No comments: