Thursday, June 14, 2007

6/14 - R - Session 1

3b, 70' in z1 w/ pwr 20 every 7'. 14,849m, 2:21.0. Obviously not as much press as usual. Keeping it easy in the z1 work. My glutes hurt before I'm even halfway into the w.o.. It's a shame because I get off the water not particularly tired yet I can't seem to row any further. Taking it way too much w/ the arms. Film helped me see this. To much power application at the finish making my boat bounce a lot. Trying to shift drive back to the front-end. I'm pulling w/ my arms when I should only be hanging. Very bad. Messes w/ course, set, and the clean finish which means my run is not as good as it should be either. Gonna drop a spacer from the top to the bottom on both oarlocks to see if I can get a higher finish for a more pronounced down-and-away. My hands stay horizontal thoughout the drive and the recovery. It's as if they follow the same line/path. They need to go down, then up. Since I missed Tuesday and will probably miss Saturday due to travel I've made today Friday's workouts and will do Saturday's z4 tomorrow and maybe have time to go to the gym. If not, maybe a body circuit.

No comments: