Thursday, June 7, 2007
6/07 - R - Session 1
2a, 60'. 13294m, 2:15.4 ave. My glutes and my hands seem to be my largest inhibitors at the moment. Towards the end of the session I do tire, but when it's painful to hold the oar and it's painful to just sit there it becomes very hard to continue at the same pace. Today was 2 full loops and then up to the end of the houses, river all to myself if you don't count the geese. 'Twas a beautiful monring. Catching uneven/unequally or finishing uneven/unequally. I kept pulling myself to port. I'd like to blame it on my hands and the fact that I'm not tough enough but there was definitely a distinctive difference in my blade work and control today. Must ensure total focus, must not be distracted by own thoughts. There is the need to switch from every day thought to rowing thought, as though switching from Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Turn everything off and just think about the stroke. I continue to be amazed by the 3-second split drop when I get a proper catch in and focus on doing it. Thoughts of purchasing this shell swell in my mind. Coach Savell leaving our program and going to coach at Drexel. Where did this come from? My thoughts stray to the futre of our program. There is the chance for great good, but also for terrible evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]001[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casinos[/url] manumitted no store bonus at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]bay attend casino
[/url].
Post a Comment