Sunday, June 3, 2007

5/31/07 - Thursday

Race Day: 6th out of 6 in our heat. 2 seats to a length down on Georgetown the entire race until the last 400. We were in Lane 6. Course was all over the place and we weren't connected. Phil said we were at a 35, it did feel low. I felt like we should've been going faster and smoother. It was a "not good" race, but maybe that's only because I don't want to say it was bad. Calls were on, it was easy to see the buoys on the edge of the course. Should've called the sprint earlier but we wouldn't have moved anyway. Our splits got progressively slower as we went. Sam said, "1:33/1:34, second 1000 1:36/1:37, last 300 slower yet: 1:40/1:41. So bad. Coach said I was coming out like a second earlier than Sam. Terrible. Get long in the catch. Get long at the finish. Reps tomorrow at 10. 1st to Grands. 2nd/3rd petites. 4th/5th 3rd level

No comments: