Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5/29 - T - IRAs 18

3 2-part 2ks. Only from below train bridge to flagpole(buoys). 1st part always the start, second part 400-600 meters representing some part of a 2k race. Everything else on the paddle. All in all it was a semi-visual day. Race day warm-up, slightly sharpened focus throughout. Starts felt okay, a little wobbly on the high 10s. Last start was really good. Smooth quick connected. No wobble, no extra, wasted, or unnecessary movements. Crisp. Last 500m good as well. Really lifting w/ the legs and driving them down together. Holding shoulders forward at the catch. This makes the last "2k" the best one. My legs were tired when I got out of bed this morning and I definitely felt tired during our second piece, which was the worst. It was start and then the rest of the first 500 w/ our move coming right at the end of it. First piece was start & middle 500. Felt alright. Bumped a spacer from the bottom of my oarlock to the top - feels great. I had been rigged up the same as Sam. He's only about half a foot taller than I am.... Coach said to try and be the first in and last out. Set issues when not on pressure. I'm sure it's catch & finish timing. Tomorrow at 5 again. Smeglin has work just like today. A smidgeon of tension in the boat today. Got to keep that under control. Squash it out. In bed all day today; hopefully a nap and a whole lot of reading. Calling Gord at Fluidesign today, possibly placing the order for my boat. Don't forget, row like sasquatch.

No comments: