Saturday, May 26, 2007

5/26 - S - IRAs 15

Seat racing. 4 1000m pieces. Big bridge to flagpole.
1: Quigs in bow - 3:21.
2: Foley in bow - 3:18.
3: Foley in bow - 3:14.
4: Quigs in bow - 3:24.
2&3 ave: 3:16.
1&4 ave: 3:21.
Splits:
1: 39.2
3: 37.5
3: 36.6
4: 40.0
I made it. I'm in for IRAs and I don't have to steer either. Our pieces felt good. Smooth through the water on the drive. We need to work on our recoveries being level and the same. Handle heights, etc...although there wasn't a large problem with set. I'm excited to row w/ these guys. Talked to Dave after my last piece - when I was in the launch. Length through the finish. He said I was coming out a few blades earlier than Sam. If I can somehow find a way to get that squeeze I'm sure we'll get faster. On our first piece my shoe came unvelcroed while building and I think I ended up driving mostly w/ my right leg only. It had to happen right before we even started the piece. The last peice the other guys did, there were some problems with the course and the four with. From the launch it almost looked disasterous, but it turned out okay. Practice tomorrow at 7 AM. Get out on the river before the nutters in their powered vessels. I want to get better. I want to get faster. Excited. I'm in.

No comments: