Thursday, May 24, 2007

5/24 - R - IRAs 13

Swing row, minor pressure. We felt pretty good. There was pretty normal boat feel. We've all rowed consistently w/ each other before. Down to starboard a lot. That has a tendency to happen when Smeglin gets in a boat. The tricky part is I don't know why and haven't been able to figure it out all season. We made it into IRAs, the pair didn't (not surprising, but I couldn't believe MIT got in after what happened last year...). We should be seat racing pretty soon. Dad gets back tomorrow and that's when we'll probably start. The question isn't who will get in, it's who's getting knocked out. I really need to hold the blade in the water longer at the finish. It's a challenge. Must not feather the blade until the handle hits my ribs and starts to move down and away. Not sure if we're practicing again together. If we do I'm sure it will be quick. We all want to be ready for our seat races.

No comments: