Thursday, May 17, 2007

5/17 - R - IRAs 3

3 x 3' 26-28 SR Full press. Straight four. Line up: Quiqs stroke, Travis three, Flanagan two, Foley bow. Not the best practice. It's hard to have a good attitude when you clash blades w/ both a train bridge buttress and a long-dead tree. Especially if you're the one steering. To me it felt as though we were all going bonkers on drive and everything was forced and not relaxed. The guys said certain pieces felt heavy, I didn't think heavy at all. Just not together. Flanagan and I have no match up, even pulling it across the river after launching. I'd like to get out in a pair with him. Flanagan is also struggling to adjust from the second heavy eight to rowing w/ 3 guys from the light eight. Set difficulties. Dave Coach says catch timing is fine. We are doing things w/ our bodies. I feel like we should be doing 3 loops or more of rowing in order to bring this together. I love rowing w/ the guys but I hope to get it going as fast as possible. Maybe we should do some work at a 12 SR. Less than 2 weeks to go. Goal: top 10 finish. I have to be super sharp w/ steering tomorrow morning. I can't rely on Dave and I need to take responsibility. Nothing too specific on my part. Must maintain locked arm, over exaggerate it. Catch the water w/ confidence. Find the pulse pulse pulse of the boat.

No comments: